Who is the First in our life.
EXODUS 20:3 - You shall have no other gods before Me.
PROVERBS 3:6 - In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.
People can lose perspective and put other things before God, such as wealth, success, pleasure, or even family. But a wise person will always put God first.
Why should you put God first in your life?
First, because God is worthy. He deserves first place. God is perfect! (And nothing else is.)
Never forget that God knows more than you, and can do more than you can.
Second, because it puts into motion God's law of sowing and reaping in your life. God says He will honor those who honor Him (1 Samuel 2:30). When you put God first you will be blessed. DEUTERONOMY 28:2 - "And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God:
So it's in your best interest to put God first in every way you can. Here are some ideas for you to consider.
1. Before you make a decision, look to God for direction.
2. Don't ask anyone else for advice before you ask God.When you have a need, talk to God before you mention it to anyone else.
3. When something good happens to you, let God be the first one you talk to about it, offering Him thanks.
4. When you receive income, let giving to God come first before anything else.
5. Before you eat, first thank God for the food. You don't need to pray for all the missionaries, or even have to pray out loud. Just look to your food and Thank GOD before you eat.
6. When you wake up, talk to God before you talk to anyone else. That doesn't mean you have to spend hours praying. It may just be saying, "Good morning, Lord!" but always keep God first.
7. Every day before you listen to the world's news, go to the Bible and listen to some of God's good news.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. God deserves first place in our life.